Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pandora Rocks

Whilst perusing the Web 2.0 award winners, I came across an awesome website, pandora.com. When I saw the site’s subtitle (“The Music Genome Project”), I knew I was onto something.

You can create a streaming music channel straight to your computer. Just select an artist you enjoy, and it will begin playing songs by bands with a similar style. You can give each song a thumb up or down, and the site will continually refine its selections based on your musical tastes.



You can also combine these different “artist” channels. For example, I mixed my channels for Sly & the Family Stone (right), The Beatles and Taj Majal. Then Pandora will randomly jump between these stations so you can get a nice mix of old funk, British rock and blues.

If that’s not you cup of musical tea, then you need better taste. I kid. That’s what’s great about this site. It will cater to your specific tastes. So what’re you waiting for? Go now!

No comments: