Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thanks a lot, Things 10-12!




For Things 10-12, we were asked to visit three different websites.

Here are my thoughts on each:

LinkedIn.com: This is a networking site that enables you to connect with former classmates, but it has a distinct pro-college bias, as you could not search by high school. You could only search for colleges and universities. Like I need to feel worse about my lack of formal education. Looking at my paycheck this week was enough. Thanks a lot, LinkedIn!
(Oh, sorry. Obviously I’m not bitter.)

LibraryThing.com: Through this site you can post your own recommendations on books. You can also find out what others with similar tastes are reading. It seems there’s not many people that listed both “The Anarchists’ Cookbook” and “Walter the Farting Dog.” In fact no one else shares my exact taste in books. Like I need to feel worse about by lack of like-minded peers. Looking at my empty e-mail inbox was enough. Thanks a lot, LibraryThing!
(Still not bitter.)

Rollyo.com: When I was younger, “Roll your own” meant something completely different. While my lawyer advises me to not mention what it used to signify, it now means narrowing your Internet searches to a smaller list of trusted websites. Like I need to feel further distanced from my carefree youth. Looking at my crow’s feet in the mirror this morning was enough. Yo, Rollyo! Thanks a lot! (OK, maybe I’m just a little bitter....)


Oh, and my lawyer would also like me to mention that my recommended reading for LibraryThing, particularly the "cookbook," were made up in hopes of a cheap laugh. (I can't afford an expensive laugh.) I actually suggest “Confederacy of Dunces,” “What is the What” and “Lies My Teacher Told Me.”

Bring on Lucky Thing 13! Surely it won’t be as depressing as Things 10-12…

No comments: